The Morelia International Film Festival (FICM), which will hold its twentieth edition from 22nd through 29th October 2022, is pleased to announce the participants of the Locarno Industry Academy Latin America workshop.
The workshop is an initiative organized by the Morelia International Film Festival in collaboration with the Locarno Film Festival. Its main goal is to support young professionals who work in the areas of sales, marketing, online and traditional distribution, exhibition and programming, so that they understand the challenges and build bridges with the independent film industry in Latin America and the world. The selected participants will have the opportunity to work with professionals and tutors of international relevance, to make visible the importance of circulation in the film industry.
The workshop will be designed and run by Sandra Gómez, experimented producer and distributor, along with the Locarno Industry Academy Project Manager, Marion Klotz.
The Industry Academy Latin America in Morelia selected nine young professionals of very varied profiles, who work in exhibition, distribution or programming of festivals.
The 2022 participants are:
1. Alexandra Zamora – DOC:CO Agencia de Promoción y Distribución, Colombia
2. Benjamín Romero Salinas – Escuela Nacional de Artes Cinematográficas, UNAM, Mexico
3. Dahlia Sosa Hernández – Muestra Mínima/UNAM, Mexico
4. Diego Renato Palomino Zea – Festival de Cine de Áncash, Peru
5. Fabiola Quintero – La Corriente del Golfo, Mexico
6. Farid Rodríguez Rivero – Lima Alterna Festival Internacional de Cine, Peru
7. Juan Pedro Agurcia – Tercer Cine, Honduras
8. Mauricio Rosas Hernández – Artegios Distribución, Mexico
9. Richard Nieto Fernández – Habitantes del Cine, Venezuela
At FICM we are constantly creating content for the festival, talks, expositions and, workshops. We want to invite you to be part of our community.