FICM Collaborates with Proyectos Unidos Mexicanos (PUM)
Proyectos Unidos Mexicanos (PUM) is an initiative of Mezcal Unión, La Lonja MX and Salón ACME, in partnership with ARCA. Its objective is to bring together various projects in the field of art, architecture, gastronomy, music and any other proactive discipline that strengthens and exalts Mexico as a country and to take this creative union to different cities of the world.
The first edition of PUM will take place from August 22 to 23, 2015, at the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn, New York, and it will show the best of contemporary Mexico to the New York public, including four Mexican short films presented by FICM and the Mexican feature film which received the most awards in 2014: Güeros, by Alonso Ruizpalacios.
During the weekend of PUM, more than 30 designers and more than 20 emerging artists from our country will showcase their work before audiences eager to see some of the highlights of the current Mexican culture. In this context, FICM will present the following winning films of the 2014 edition of the festival:
- Nunca regreses/Never Come Back, by José Leonardo Díaz Vega (Best Work form the Michocán Section 12th FICM)
- 9:30 a.m., by Alfonso de la Cruz (Best Animated Short Film 12th FICM)
- El sudor de la agonía/The Wear of Agony, by Mariano Rentería Garnica (Best Short Documentary 12th FICM)
- Ramona, by Giovanna Zacarías (Best Fiction Short Film 12th FICM)
There will also be a screening of the feature film Güeros, which received the following awards at the 12th FICM: Best Feature Film Actor for Tenoch Huerta, Sebastián Aguirre and Leonardo Ortizgris; Best First or Second Feature Film; Audience Award; and the Guerrero Press Award. The film has also been awarded in international festivals such as the Berlin International Film Festival (Best First Film), the Tribeca Film Festival (Best Photography and Special Mention by the jury for Best New Director) and the San Sebastián International Film Festival (Horizontes Latinos award), among others.
The screening schedule is:
- Saturday August 22, 12th FICM short films: 16:00 hrs. and 17:00 hrs.
- Sunday August 23, Güeros: 15:00 hrs.
For more information about Proyectos Unidos Mexicanos (PUM), check out its page in Facebook: here.