FICM Special Screening at Critics’ Week 2017
- Three Mexican short films from the 2016 FICM will be shown at the Cannes Critics’ Week.
- Since 2005, a selection of films previously screened at FICM is presented out of competition at the Critics’ Week.
- Daniela Michel, FICM’s general director, will attend the screening, along with some of the Mexican filmmakers.
The Morelia International Film Festival (FICM), which will celebrate its 15th edition from October 20 to 29, is pleased to announce that, like every year since 2005, a selection of works previously screened at FICM will be presented out of competition at the Critics’ Week, parallel section of the Cannes Film Festival. This strategic alliance has given many Mexican filmmakers the opportunity of presenting their films at Cannes.
This year, three Mexican films which were part of the 14th FICM Official Selection will be shown at Cannes:
- Verde / Green, by Alonso Ruizpalacios (14th FICM Best Short Fiction Film)
- Microcastillo / Microcastle, by Alejandra Villalba García
- Juan Perros, by Rodrigo Ímaz Alarcón (14th FICM Best Documentary Short Film)
Daniela Michel, FICM’s general director, will attend the screening, along with some of the Mexican filmmakers.
The Critics’ Week mission is to discover and promote emerging talent, and the section screens only first or second feature films as part of the Cannes Film Festival. In this way, the Critics’ Week has paved the way for directors as celebrated as Bernardo Bertolucci, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wong Kar Wai, Ken Loach, Barbet Schroeder and Guillermo del Toro, among many others. It is an honor for FICM to present the work of talented Mexican filmmakers in a space as important and prestigious as the Critics’ Week.
On the other hand, thanks to the strong relationship between FICM and the Critics’ Week, a selection of films from this parallel section of the Cannes Film Festival will be screened at the 15th FICM, with the presence of some filmmakers.
Th 56th edition of the Critics’ Week will take place from May 18 to 26, as part of the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
More information at: www.semainedelacritique.com
Download the press release here: Press Release_FICM_CW
Download the film stills in this link.