INDUSTRY ACADEMY AMERICA LATINA 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has modified our way of working and changed the film industry. It is essential to adapt and reinvent ourselves by seeking new ways of working together. For these reasons, and after the successful editions of 2020, we decided to continue our activity and organize the Industry Academy of Latin America again in an online format.
The Industry Academy is an intensive workshop with the goal of training and supporting young professionals working in the areas of online and traditional distribution, sales, film marketing, exhibition, and programming so that they understand and can face the challenges of the independent audiovisual industry in Latin America and the world.
This year we will have two Industry Academy sessions for Ibero-American professionals. The selection of participants will be made under a single call for both activities*.
- São Paulo Industry Academy, within the framework of BrLab (Brazil), from October 4 to 15, 2021.
- Morelia Industry Academy, as part of the Morelia International Film Festival (Mexico), from October 27 to November 1, 2021.
The Industry Academy, which was held for the first time at the 2014 Locarno Film Festival, is a program for young professionals working in the areas of international sales, marketing, distribution, exhibition, and programming (festivals, film clubs, museums, cinematheques). It was created to support their positioning in the circuits and allow them to interact directly with regional and international professionals, who are key players in the industry. Industry Academy acts as a shortcut for a new generation of professionals entering the independent film industry, fostering their development, as well as helping them to better understand the challenges of the industry and to expand their networks. Locarno Industry Academy International also aims to build a bridge to different markets in Europe, North America, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Irene Beatriz Franco – Ciclo Independiente, Argentina
- Zulema Sánchez – Productora independiente, México
- Isabel Moncada Kerlow – Freelancer, México
- Roberto Barrios Bueno – Nocine Films / Bolivia Lab, Bolivia
- Carlos Salvatierra – Al Este Film Festival / El Ekran, Perú
- Ana Patricia Ventura González – Machete Cine, México
- Tamara Ganhito – Vitrine Filmes, Brasil
- Alfredo Ruiz Arias – ESCINE, México