The Locarno Industry Academy International – Morelia – IMCINE workshop is an initiative that the Morelia International Film Festival (FICM) organizes since 2015 in collaboration with the Festival del film Locarno and the Mexican Film Institute (IMCINE). Its goal is to support young industry professionals working in the areas of sales, marketing, online and traditional distribution, exhibition and programming, to understand the challenges of the independent film industry in Latin America and the world.
For a third consecutive year, the 15th FICM will hold a tailor-made five-day workshop for eight participants from Mexico and abroad, which will take place during from October 21st to 25th.
Now open to non-Mexicans participants from Latin America and abroad, the Academy will welcome eight young professionals from very various backgrounds, working in exhibition, traditional and online distribution, and festival programming. The five-day workshop will be designed and run by Sandra Gomez (distributor and producer at INTERIOR XIII) and Marion Klotz (Industry Academy International project manager).
The 2017 participants are:
1. Angela Guerrero Arias (Canana, México)
2. Andrés Jiménez Suárez (FICCI, Colombia)
3. Tomás Astudillo (Vaivem, Ecuador)
4. Adriana Agudelo Moreno (Mutokino, Colombia)
5. Lariza Melo Preciado (Floox Media Planning, México)
6. Edher Campos (Machete, México)
7. Diego Alfonso Torres Méndez (Cine Móvil Toto, México)
8. Regina Serratos Varela (Piano Distribución, México)